Valley Forge is very proud to announce that our Load Indicating Fasteners have passed Military Shock Testing Standard MIL-S-901D!!
This is a rigid test that means great things for our fasteners moving forward with many different applications involving any degree of shock to the fastener while in service.
Shock Tests, Requirements for High-Impact Shipboard Machinery, Equipment and Systems
- Specification: Testing was completed per MIL-S-901D, Lightweight, Grade B, Class 1, Type C shock testing requirements.
- Location: Testing was done by Element Material Technology in Jupiter, Florida
- Purpose: The purpose of this testing is to verify the ability of shipboard equipment to withstand shock loadings which may be incurred during wartime service due to the effects of nuclear or conventional weapons.
- Load Indicating products tested:
- Standard SPC4™
- No-Standoff SPC4™
- Single Lever Maxbolt™
- Dual Lever Maxbolt™
- Mini Maxbolt™
- No-Standoff Maxbolt™
- MIL-S-901D is a common requirement for shipbuilders and other companies supporting the US Navy.